Monday, September 17, 2012

The Food - September 14-16, 2012

I never intended to focus on the food this weekend, but I suppose I could have done better than taking just this one photo.


This is breakfast from Saturday morning.  It's a frozen waffle, topped with some of the apple filling I canned last week, and also topped with store bought caramel sauce and canned whipped cream.  With a side of bacon.  Nothing healthy, and we had the same breakfast on Sunday morning, with the addition of scrambled eggs.

Friday p.m.:  We ate Smith's Restaurant in Bolivar, MO.  Decent food, decent prices, decent service.  I had Blackened Chicken on Fettucine Alfredo.  Shane and Kat both had all-you-can-eat fried chicken with mashed potatoes, gravy and green beans.

Saturday a.m.:  See photo above.

Saturday noon:  For some reason, we didn't eat lunch, although I think most of us were hungry.  Nothing was really going as planned and I think we just made an unspoken decision to not even bring up another topic that would need a decision.

Saturday p.m.:  I had brought a layered Mexican dip and chips with us, thinking we would have eaten lunch and would only need snack foods for supper.  Since that didn't happen, we stopped on our way back to camp and bought some pre-formed frozen burger patties and buns to help round out the meal.

Sunday a.m.:  See photo above.  Add scrambled eggs.

Sunday noon:  We stopped at Peggy's Restaurant in Collins, MO (no website to link).  This restaurant has been around as long as I can remember, which is a long time.  gain, decent food, service and prices.  I had a Reuben sandwich with fires, while Shane had an open-face tenderloin sandwich with mashed potatoes and gravy, while Kat had a tenderloin dinner with potatoes and a side of cottage cheese.

__________

Parked at Mill Creek Campground, Table Rock Lake
near Kimberling City, MO
September 14-16, 2012